Friday, April 27, 2012

The Foldover Clutch



The Foldover Clutch! I saw a purse like this at the mall and decided that I could probably make it!
And I did! I'll make another one and do a tutorial. It was very easy! I made it in about 45 minutes. The flower was a pin that I made last year and just added it for looks and it can be changed out!
I love how the zipper turned out! And it was probably the easiest zipper that I've ever put in!

There is just something about different color linings that I just love! They go together but are not matchy matchy!

This is what it looks like laid out flat. I like that it has room and you can carry more than in just a regular clutch and still have the look of a clutch! And with the zipper you don't have to worry about things falling out!
For this one I just used fabrics that I already had. Black crepe that was left over from a skirt that I made. The lining was from the remnant bin that I found on sale a long time ago. And one of my favorite fabric stores back home has a big zipper box that you can buy by the pound. I've gotten some great zippers in some amazing colors that I wouldn't normally buy to just have on hand.
I'll be sharing a tutorial soon!


1 comment:

Rachaeldaisy said...

What a great clutch!! I love different colour linings too, it's like a little surprise when you unzip the zip. I like the idea of zips by the pound.