Saturday, January 7, 2012

Swoon-along!

That's right! It's a Swoon-along!
I bought the Swoon pattern a while back along with the Ruby fabric by Bonnie and Camille to make a quilt for my bed. I started cutting last week.

And while Baby Smile has been napping I started sewing the first block together.





I just love this! It's very easy to sew together! I finished the first block in one day! Which considering the amount of time that I have to dedicate to sewing these days, is pretty good!


Then today, I found a Flickr group that is doing a Swoon-along! It's basically just a sew as you can and share group, which is just perfect for me! There's nothing to fall behind in.
There are some beautiful quilts already being put together in the group and lots of talent there too!
Stop by and take a look at all the gorgeous blocks!




2 comments:

Red Chair Moments said...

Hi sweet friend! I love the idea of the follow-along quilt! I will sit back and watch, because I have decided that for 2012 I must finish all my unfinished projects (quilts, scrapbooks, even novels) before I start anything new.

Of course a week after I made such a decidion I went to SHF in Floyd and bought material to make a small coffee wall hanging for kitchen. That will be my reward! Love ya!
April :)

Rachaeldaisy said...

Your Swoon block is so amazing. That red is such a great red and the grey sets it off beautifully!! I agree Swoon is such a great pattern, great impact and it comes together surprisingly quickly. I love the way your baby is Baby Smile- so cute!